Oral Surgery/Wisdom tooth removal

Question
Hello. I need to have one wisdom tooth removed that is impacted, it's partially erupted. I would like to have sedation for the procedure but I am concerned because after my spinal cord injury I have lower blood pressure.  My blood pressure is usually around the mid to low 90's over low 80's.

Will I be able to have sedation for my procedure? Is any one kind of IV sedation better/worse for lowering my BP? Is nitrous oxide a better option?

My oral surgeon said we would discuss this in the consultation minutes prior to the surgery but I wanted to be mentally prepared in case sedation is not recommended.

Thank you

Answer
All sedation will lower your blood pressure.  Having sedation is not completely necessary to have an extraction. You should follow up with a board certified oral and Maxillofacial surgeon in your area to address your concerns.  Your blood pressure is continuously monitored while you are under anesthesia if needed.

Oral Surgery

Steven A Saxe D.M.D. Board Certified ABOMS