Oral Surgery/Tongue

QUESTION: That makes sense about nerve endings. Just wish I knew when I was doing this. I do
Have an appliance. I have a lower mouth guard but i couldn't get used to it so I haven't worn it in a while. It was rather expensive too.

ANSWER: Your dentist might have to fabricate or get assistance from another dentist in developing an appliance that is comfortable for you.

Today today
Today today  
QUESTION: Ok thanks. Here it is today. Are you confident it is from some sort of trauma or mechanical issue? I mean what else could it be? I don't think there's much else it could be. Thanks and let me know what u think.

Steve - good news!  Dramatically different from the last pictures. Healing is definitely occurring. Yes there are still furrows and redness, but healing is occurring.  There is new surface cell growth.  So there is no fresh irritation.  So whatever you have been doing, keep it up.  

So you are on the correct pathway to complete healing.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC