Oral Surgery/Implant #30 tooth

Dear Dr.  Teig

Back in Feb.  I had a difficult infected #30 surgical tooth extraction.
Still have cheek and jaw discomfort. You were so kind in answering all my questions.
My implant was placed yesterday after a delay from a upper respiratory infection.
Compared to my extraction the implant procedure was a piece of cake. I used local  anesthesia  only.
to my surprise the same oral surgeon did a one step implant instead of 2.
After I was prepared, the actual procedure was quick. He drilled
3 times and placed the implant with the abundant. The drilling was  quiet , short and very little pressure.
Is this normal? I was quite surprised because I was originally told the noise and pressure from the drilling would bother me, and I should have IV sedation .

Pain is minimal today with little swelling.  I'm probably being silly, but Because the procedure was so easy I'm
worried that maybe the implant was not put in deep or tight enough.
Was my implant procedure the norm?  I'm on a 5 days of  amoxicillin and mouthwash.
Thank you

Kay -  If the surgeon correctly sized the implant and the proper drill bit to drill the hole, there should not have been excessive force needed to place the implant.  It sounds like the surgeon did an appropriate treatment.  So now you need to just follow the postoperative instructions and been evaluated on a regular basis.

I wish you well.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC