Oral Surgery/Possible "growth" in location of wisdom tooth extraction

Question
betsy@abnelson.com
betsy@abnelson.com  
Hi Dr. Tieg,

My name is Betsy. I'm 34 years old and my dental history is fairly unremarkable.  I had a wisdom tooth extraction at age 12 (all 4 in the usual spots), braces at age 13, followed by permanent retainers.  I had a root canal on one my lower front tooth about 5 years ago (see attached x-ray photo).

Today the dentist noticed a 'growth' (I don't know what to call it) one the upper left side of my mouth, where the wisdom tooth would have been extracted (see attached x-ray photo).  He told me he was going to send the x-ray to an oral surgeon as well, but I would like another opinion.  

Thank you in advance!

Answer
Betsy -  I am sorry to tell you that I do not see anything dramatic.  I know that is good, but the xray only shows an irregularity to the bone contour and I see not pathology.  Seeing the xray directly might be more revealing, but I don't see much on the xray picture provided.  I have enlarged the picture and see a circular irregularity to the surface, but I see no evidence of a lesion.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired