Oral Surgery/Question about ceph superimposition

Question
Hi Dr Teig,

I would like a cephalometric superimposition to analyze the growth/changes of my face from age 12 to age 18. I have both lateral x-rays of these ages. I asked my orthodontist to do this, but he admitted he had not done very many cephs before, and his overlays were not very accurate so now I am looking elsewhere. If you are able to create accurate cephalometric superimposition tracings for me (I can pay you online if needed if you are able to do this), or can refer me to someone/somewhere where I can get a very accurate superimposition, please let me know. If you are able to, I will attach scans of the x-rays in a replied e-mail. Thank you for your time!

Answer
Taylor I don not do this type of procedure.  My suggestion is that you contact a dental radiologist at a dental school near you.   I believe you live in Indiana.  In that state there is a dental school in Indianapolis.  It is the Indiana University Hospital.  There is a department of Dentistry.  I suggest you call (317) 274-5315 and ask to speak to the department of radiology.  Ask to speak with the doctor who is chairman of the department.

I hope this helps.  If you need any other assistance, please feel free to contact me again.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired