Oral Surgery/Tongue

I understand you can't really be certain from a picture but what other possibilities would be in the differential if any based on what it looks like.

Steve -  with the recurring ulcerations of your tongue, there is a possibility that you are dealing with  immunological lesions.  I am not an immunologist, but it might be a good idea to seek an evaluation at a major hospital.  Probably near you it would be Mass General.  Seek an immunologist there for the evaluation.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC