Oral Surgery/Tongue pics

Question
Front view am
Front view am  

Side view am
Side view am  
Hi dr Joel
Here are two pics from this morning just waking up. First is view from front. Second from side. You said it looked chewed on in the last post but it was same area. Have a look.  Thanks so much again I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you to talk to.

Answer
There is evidence of trauma and areas of healing.  I cannot say from this picture that the trauma is recent or is it previous trauma.  So from the pictures there is evidence of a healing wound.  I cannot say how long it has been present.  But the type of trauma looks like bite marks.  So the side of the tongue was chewed on.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired