Oral Surgery/Tongue

Hi dr Joel
So what I was telling you is that when I wake up it's barely visible. I tried taking pics to show you the difference so here are two from just waking up. To me it looks much better. Maybe the way my teeth are positioned with a big space on lower left and malocclusion my tongue is getting pressed on side of lower right teeth during chewing and eating causing irritation. Here is this am.

What your situation is telling you is that you need to be evaluated by a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and/or a skilled occlusion dentist to determine if there is a discrepancy in your bite that is producing trauma to your tongue.  So you need to be evaluated by a skilled doctor.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC