Oral Surgery/Septoplasty Before Jaw Surgery

Question
Hello-

I had deviated septum/septoplasty surgery done 3 months ago.  Now I find out that I am in need of braces/ jaw surgery.  Is there high risk that the jaw surgery could reverse the septoplasty surgery?  Or can the oral surgeon replace the septum if it moves during surgery?

Thanks!
Jake

Answer
Jake -  I assume that the jaw surgery you you are having includes the upper jaw.  If the surgeon is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon with experience with this type of surgery, the septoplasty should not be reversed and any change from the surgery can be adjusted during the surgery.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired