Orchids/cracked leaves

Question
I have a new orchid- phal. I came with healthy looking green leaves, but some were split down the center. What should I do?

Answer
Kristina, while this may be seen as unsightly, it will not affect the growth of the plant.  It could be due a mineral imbalance.  See if you can locate a product called "Pro-tek" marketed by Dynsgro which can protect the plant against that imbalance and prevent leaf splitting in the future. Be sure to follow the label exactly. This will not fix the currently split leaves but should protect newly forming leaves.

Orchids

Wayne King