Orchids/cracked leaves

I have a new orchid- phal. I came with healthy looking green leaves, but some were split down the center. What should I do?

Kristina, while this may be seen as unsightly, it will not affect the growth of the plant.  It could be due a mineral imbalance.  See if you can locate a product called "Pro-tek" marketed by Dynsgro which can protect the plant against that imbalance and prevent leaf splitting in the future. Be sure to follow the label exactly. This will not fix the currently split leaves but should protect newly forming leaves.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on