Orchids/laelia purpurata

Hi Wayne King,

Do you think laelia purpurata can be grown & flowered in Singapore coz it has no/little day-night temperature difference?  If this is cool growing species, how cool is this need to be?

And 10'C day-night temp difference means day temp 34'C & night temp 24'C or how?

Thanks in advance,
Nwe Lay

These are considered high light plants.  Anything short of burning.  Ideal tempeature range is 10-18 degrees C at night,  In the daytime 19-20 degrees C, or, with sun, 24-30 degrees C. If you can achieve these temperatures, you should be able to flower it.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on