Orchids/laelia purpurata

Question
Hi Wayne King,

Do you think laelia purpurata can be grown & flowered in Singapore coz it has no/little day-night temperature difference?  If this is cool growing species, how cool is this need to be?

And 10'C day-night temp difference means day temp 34'C & night temp 24'C or how?

Thanks in advance,
Nwe Lay

Answer
These are considered high light plants.  Anything short of burning.  Ideal tempeature range is 10-18 degrees C at night,  In the daytime 19-20 degrees C, or, with sun, 24-30 degrees C. If you can achieve these temperatures, you should be able to flower it.

Orchids

Wayne King