Orchids/my Orchid

How long until after my Orchid has Keiki's removed will it bloom again?  I've had the plant for almost a year now and it has only flowered once.  Is that normal?  Is there anything I can do to stimulate it to blossom again?

Many thanks,

Maegan,if your plant is large and healthy it should bloom again.  I you have not repotted it in fresh orchid potting mix, you should do so.  Flowering is usually boosted by increasing the light level.  Finally, check the type of plant food you are using.  IF the food is high in nitrogen (ie high first number) this stimulates vegetative growth. There are plant foods labelled "bloom boosters" that are high in phosphorous (ie high middle number) that can stimulate flowering.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on