Orchids/my Orchid

Question
How long until after my Orchid has Keiki's removed will it bloom again?  I've had the plant for almost a year now and it has only flowered once.  Is that normal?  Is there anything I can do to stimulate it to blossom again?

Many thanks,
Maegan

Answer
Maegan,if your plant is large and healthy it should bloom again.  I you have not repotted it in fresh orchid potting mix, you should do so.  Flowering is usually boosted by increasing the light level.  Finally, check the type of plant food you are using.  IF the food is high in nitrogen (ie high first number) this stimulates vegetative growth. There are plant foods labelled "bloom boosters" that are high in phosphorous (ie high middle number) that can stimulate flowering.

Orchids

Wayne King