Orchids/Orchid propagation

Can an orchid plant be grown from a leaf?  How should I do this.

Audrey, an orchid cannot be grown from a cutting the way many house plants can be grown.  Many orchids can be grown from new plants that emerge from old flower spikes in phalaenopsis or from canes in dendrobium orchids.  In phalaenopsis, these new plants (called keikis) start from joints in the flower spike and will grow leaves and roots while attached to the mother plant.  As they mature, they can be separated from the mother plant and potted up separately.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on