Orchids/orchids node

orchid nodes
orchid nodes  
I have attached a photo of two purplish nodes growing on one of my orchids. Are they new plants starting? How should I treat them?
Thanks Carole

Carole, this looks like a new leaf trying to emerge. It is caught in  another old leaf that has been cut off.  The fact that it is reddish in color suggests there is too much light. Try removing the tissue that is binding up the new leaf, water it each morning until the new leaf is free to expand.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on