I have an orchid that keeps getting ants in it.How can I get rid of them?
Thank you for any help.

Doris, I recommend That you repot the plant in fresh orchid potting mix. You should first unpot the plant,and clean the roots of any debris by using a water spray.  You could just discard the old potting mix but I prefer to place the pot containing the old potting mix into a bag which you should tie shut and discard.  Repot into a new pot.  The reason for this is that the old potting mix attracts the ants and they then lay their eggs in the old potting mix. They especially like damp, rotting potting mix.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on expertcentral.com.