Orchids/BLACK SPOTS

Question
I HAVE BLACK SPOTS ON NEW GROWTH.  THE LEAVES ARE JUST COMING OUT WITH SMALL BLACK SPOTS. THE SPOTS ARE ON TOP AND BOTTOM.
THESE ARE ON 2 OF MY PLANTS. THE OTHERS SEEM FINE. PLEASE HELP.

Answer
Janet: thanks for your description of the problem.  It is likely that the new leaves got some mist or spray on them as they emerged.  This, then,leads to some fungal growth on the damp surfaces or areas of the leaf.  Always do your misting or watering first thing in the day so leaf surfaces dry during the day.  You may spray a copper based salt solution early to prevent spread of the fungus.  Also, avoid getting and/or keeping the orchid potting mix too wet.

Orchids

Wayne King