Orchids/repoting shock

I just repotted one of my large phalaeonopsis. It is now in a mix of 75% sphagnum and 25%  bark. I left it outside for a few hours but when I got home the leaves were droopy. The soil was still wet. What should I do?

My first thought is that I'm wondering how hot it was while you had it outside.  Phalaenopsis do not tolerate well temperatures above 85 degrees. That stress may have caused the leaves to droop.  In any event, repotting may help.  Remove the sphagnum moss as that keeps the potting mix too wet and grow the plant indoors where temperatures are lower and there is less stress on the plant.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on