Orchids/repoting shock

Question
I just repotted one of my large phalaeonopsis. It is now in a mix of 75% sphagnum and 25%  bark. I left it outside for a few hours but when I got home the leaves were droopy. The soil was still wet. What should I do?

Answer
My first thought is that I'm wondering how hot it was while you had it outside.  Phalaenopsis do not tolerate well temperatures above 85 degrees. That stress may have caused the leaves to droop.  In any event, repotting may help.  Remove the sphagnum moss as that keeps the potting mix too wet and grow the plant indoors where temperatures are lower and there is less stress on the plant.

Orchids

Wayne King