Orchids/Growths on air roots

I have green growths coming on my orchids air roots.   Can you tell me what they are and what I should do about them.

Mary, when a root grows, it is green at first and, later, this is covered with a white sheath. This root growth may simply be an extension or elongation of the root, or side branches (called collaterals). Since they are new root growths, best to let them grow as this will strenghthen the plant.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on