Orchids/phalaenopsis orchid's droopy leaves

Question
I JUST PURCHASED A PHALAENOPSIS AT CLOSEOUT. THERE ARE STILL BLOOMS ON IT ,BUT THE LEAVES ARE FLOPPY AND THE ROOTS ARE GROWING ON TOP OF THE MOSS. WHAT CAN I DO TO REVIVE IT???  THANKS S.M.

Answer
Shirley, your plant needs to be repotted in orchid potting mix.  Purchase a bag of orchid potting mix and strain out all of the fine and dust-like particles.  Then soak a portion of it that will be used to repot your plant.  Before repotting, remove your plant from the potting mix and moss.  You will note that many of the roots are mushy or collapsed. These dead roots will not support new root growth.  Remove the dead roots and repot the plant into a pot with lots of drainage holes and fresh potting mix.  Pot size should be the same or smaller than the one the plant came in.  Likely, the drooping leaves will not recover but new roots and leaves can replace them.

Orchids

Wayne King