Orchids/how to plant orchids that have sprouted on a stem where flowers used to bloom

Saw your question/answer about another orchid sprouting from the stem where flowers used to bloom.  How do you plant the one that you "twist" and remove from the stem?  Do you put the roots in the ground in the pot?

yes, but remember that the plant must be anchored in its new pot.  The pot size must not be excessively large so the plant and its roots just nicely fit.  The pot must be well drained so you can keep the roots moist without standing water. To reduce plant movement in its pot, you may use a twisty tie wrapped about the stem just above the roots.  Let the loose end spread out in the potting mix to help anchor the plant.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on