Orchids/sticky substance on leaves

If it's the virus, will it spread to my other orchids if I don't quarantine it? Should I wash off the leaves?  They are limp also.  Thx

Konnie. please accept my apology for the delay.  We had a death in the family.

The sticky substance is plant sap and is sticky due to its sugar content.  It is not due to a virus. Because of its sugar content, it may attract insects that could harm the plant.  Best to wipe the sap from the leaves with a soapy towelette.  

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on