Orchids/growing Cattleyas in transparent pots

Hello Wayne,

I have a question regarding growing Cattleyas in transparent pots. I purchased a few bifoliate Cattleya orchids and the roots are anchored down with rocks and they are growing in green pots. Do you think they would grow better in transparent pots anchored down with rocks? The more air and sunlight the roots get, the better they would grow...or do you think it would be better to grow them in transparent pots with a good cattleya orchid mix?

Thank you for your time and attention with my inquiry...Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Derick.Hope you had a pleaxsnt Thanksgiving as well.  The roots of cattleyas contain chlorophyll which is why when their velamun turns green when wet.  Light penetrating the pot walls can impprove root  photosynthesis if sufficient moisture is present.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on