Orchids/growing Cattleyas in transparent pots

Question
Hello Wayne,

I have a question regarding growing Cattleyas in transparent pots. I purchased a few bifoliate Cattleya orchids and the roots are anchored down with rocks and they are growing in green pots. Do you think they would grow better in transparent pots anchored down with rocks? The more air and sunlight the roots get, the better they would grow...or do you think it would be better to grow them in transparent pots with a good cattleya orchid mix?

Thank you for your time and attention with my inquiry...Happy Thanksgiving!

Derick

Answer
Thanks Derick.Hope you had a pleaxsnt Thanksgiving as well.  The roots of cattleyas contain chlorophyll which is why when their velamun turns green when wet.  Light penetrating the pot walls can impprove root  photosynthesis if sufficient moisture is present.

Orchids

Wayne King