I have three orchids, one is in flower at the moment, one has just finished flowering, one has no flowers but a new shoot is just starting to grow. My question is, why am I not getting any new leaf grow on my plants. I look forward to your reply, thanks.

Best Regards Richard.

Richard, your plant is entering a flowering cycle.  At that time, much of the plant's energy is devoted to flowering. Some larger plants can manage both vegetatve growth and flowering at the same time because they have enough energy to manage both. You should see new leaf growth when flowering has finished.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on expertcentral.com.