Orchids/Spots in orchid petals

Spots on flower petals
Spots on flower petals  
I received a beautiful orchid as a gift a few weeks ago. It is my first orchid plant and I love it. It has started to get spots on the flower petals. I don't know what it is or what to do for it. Can anyone tell me the reason and what I should do about it?
Also I don't mist the plantů I only have watered the top of the soil once a week.

Jeanette, we associate the spotting with senescence or aging.  If these flowers have been open for three weeks or more, this is a likely explanation.  Your phalaenopsis orchid should be repotted in fresh orchid potting mix as soon as the flowers fall.  

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on