Orchids/Spots in orchid petals

Question
Spots on flower petals
Spots on flower petals  
I received a beautiful orchid as a gift a few weeks ago. It is my first orchid plant and I love it. It has started to get spots on the flower petals. I don't know what it is or what to do for it. Can anyone tell me the reason and what I should do about it?
Also I don't mist the plantů I only have watered the top of the soil once a week.

Answer
Jeanette, we associate the spotting with senescence or aging.  If these flowers have been open for three weeks or more, this is a likely explanation.  Your phalaenopsis orchid should be repotted in fresh orchid potting mix as soon as the flowers fall.  

Orchids

Wayne King