Orchids/Cymbidium hybrid

I have a question regarding a particular Cymbidium hybrid called Cherry Kisses. I believe its a cross between Cherry Cola and C. dayanum.

Have you ever heard of Cherry Kisses or Cherry Cola? If so, how well do you think they would fair under average household conditions? Since Cymbidiums originate from the foothills of the Himalayas, what daytime and nighttime temps do they prefer? What about a soil medium?

Thank you for your time and attention with my inquiries. I very much appreciate your feedback and insight.

Respectfully submitted,

Thanks for your questions Derick.  Cymbidiums, as a rule, prefer cool and bright conditions (35-75 degrees F).  For this reason, I have summered mine out. It is difficult to keep them growing under ordinary household conditions in the winter.  If you elect to summer yours out, choose a semi-shaded spot.  When in active growth, they need to be fed and watered heavily. They can be put outside now and left out until the first frost and, even then, can be put out on sunny, mild days between colder days.  They need temperatures around 40 degree to set buds in the fall.

They prefer to be tightly potted.  Ordinary orchid potting mix is fine for cymbidiums.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on