Have a vanda that grows new leaves, but no new roots.  It has only one large root.  How to make it grow roots?  Thanks

Clara, I don't know how you are growing it.  Vandas like lots of humidity and moisture.  I prefer hanging baskets where the plants can get lots of air movement. If the plant is so potted, you may hang its basket in a tree and water it daily.  You may soak it in a bucket in water until the aerial root(s) are green.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on expertcentral.com.