Orchids/reading material

Hello Wayne,

I was wondering if you could suggest or recommend any reading material on Cymbidium, Miltoniopsis/Miltonia, and Neofinetia orchids?

Thank you,

Derick; The late Rebecca Tyson Northen's book "Home Orchid Growing"  has sections on each of these genera. That is a good starting point. More detail is available on-line by googling each genus.  If you have access to the publications of the Americaan Orchid Society,  there are issues that address each genus.  Also, try the American Orchid Society (AOS) website where you may be able to access culture guides for one or more of these genera.  Jay Pfahl has an online entry called The Orchid Species Encyclopedia.  He lists most orchid species and their growing conditions.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on