Orchids/dendrobium and leaf falling off

fallen leaf
fallen leaf  
I've recently repotted a dendrobium into semi hydroponics. Any ideas on what this leaf means for the health of the orchid? It has about 5 other healthy green leaves. Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks,Libbym

Libby, it is not unusual for a dendrobium to lose a leaf. The light/dark pattern is unusual and may be the result of uneven sun exposure.  I would not ascribe this to the change to semihydroponics unless this continues. Were it the latter, it may be due to the concentration or type of plant food in the hydroponic solution.  

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on