Orchids/Orchid planted in moss

I received an orchid of which it was labeled as exotic orchid.  It is planted in moss.   Should I repot it would n bark?  It has pseudo bulbs.

Joanne.  I recommend that you repot it in a fir-bark based orchid mix. A bag of this can be obtained at Lowes, Home Depot, or any local orchid grower.  However, I would hold off on the repottting until you see new shoot growth at the base of the plant.  In the interim, be careful not to get the moss too wet.   As long as the moss feels damp (not wet) it should be okay until repotting.

Wayne King

Any question about orchid culture. I have thirty+ yrs of growing experience,president 2x of our local Orchid Growers Guild,held a position in most all other offices associated with the Guild at one time or another. Head of Orchid judging team for local club meetings and some shows. Member of two Orchid Socities and local Rep.for Mid America Orchid Congress for several yrs.I have in my collection about 800 Orchid plants of all types.

Past/Present clients
Previously an expert on