Organic Gardens/Organic seeds, but question on the type of soil.

Question
Hi Mr. & Mrs. Giannangelo,

We have recently bought ORGANIC seeds, because I want to go the organic route, as much as we can.  

My husband is going to buy 50/50 and I would like to know if that could have any pesticides in it?  I actually wrote the company, that is going to sell us the soil and asked if their 50/50 was pesticide free.  (They are closed for the weekend, so I won't hear back until next week, hopefully).

After I sent my question, I worried that maybe it would offend them.  I don't want them to think I think their soil is nasty or contaminated. Can this type of soil have pesticides, as a rule?

And is there any type of soil you'd recommend, since we are planting organic seeds?  The 50/50 that we are going to buy (according to the website) has 50% Topsoil, 25% Cow Manure, and  25% Aged Pine Fines.

Thank you for taking the time to read this any advice is very appreciated!  

Beth

Answer
Not familiar with 50/50.  Buy soil that is "organic".  Available at Home Depot and nurseries.  Then there will be no doubts.  Check the soil and make sure it is loamy.  Some are not.  We add organic Compost, which you can also buy.  For more information on building soil, visit our website http://www.avant-gardening.com

Organic Gardens

Frank and Vicky Giannangelo