Orthodontics/Eye tooth help

I have a problem with an eye tooth. Pictures below:
(Please excuse the discoloration of the eye tooth as I've just had other teeth whitened)

I've consulted the dentist and orthodontist both of which don't think taking out the tooth is a good idea because it can alter facial structure etc.

They only recommend a brace which they say will cost upwards of 4000. This unfortunately is not an option for me.

I am just hoping that there is some other option that I can use. I  find the tooth very aesthetically displeasing and don't like to smile for photographs or laugh without covering my mouth.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time.

Kindest Regards,

I'm not an orthodontist - I provide resource information on various aspects of this field - but my reaction is that the professionals you have consulted are correct, that braces are needed to correct this problem. Do you live anywhere near a dental college? In the States, dental schools provide orthodontic treatment at a much reduced price since the students are doing the work; since it's under the supervision of professors, I'm told the results are excellent. I wish I had something else to offer. Best wishes.

Pamela Waterman

I can supply tips, hints, recipes and resources about a braces-friendly lifestyle, for parents of children and teens in braces as well as for adults in braces. Although I am not a medical/dental professional, I have colleagues in the field and will do my best to point you to additional resources.

I am the author of two specialty award-winning cookbooks of soft-food recipes and tips targeted to all ages of braces-wearers (including adults) and give workshops to dental hygienists to help them help their patients with this type of information. I have worn braces both as a teen and as an adult, and am from a family of three generations of braces patients. I regularly contribute information to the public website of the American Association of Orthodontists and Orthotown magazine.

Women in Orthodontics, American Academy for Oral Systemic Health, Independent Book Publishers Association, Society of Women Engineers, Society of Manufacturing Engineers

Orthotown, Cricket, Family Fun, Highlights, Better Homes and Gardens Kids' Rooms, Chicago Tribune, East Valley Tribune (Phoenix AZ), Healthy Alternatives, Organic & Natural, Desktop Engineering, Machine Design

BS Astrophysics, MS Radio Astronomy/Electrical Engineering

Good Parenting Award from Glyph Award - Best Cookbook, Arizona Book Publishing Association Finalist Glyph Award - Best Cookbook, Arizona Book Publishing Association Finalist - Next Generation Indie Books, Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group

American Association of Orthodontists, Smile for a Lifetime