Orthodontics/Eye tooth help

Question

I have a problem with an eye tooth. Pictures below:
(Please excuse the discoloration of the eye tooth as I've just had other teeth whitened)

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/v/63762_523255477698194_1433666527

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/v/307668_523250931031982_820993200

I've consulted the dentist and orthodontist both of which don't think taking out the tooth is a good idea because it can alter facial structure etc.

They only recommend a brace which they say will cost upwards of 4000. This unfortunately is not an option for me.

I am just hoping that there is some other option that I can use. I  find the tooth very aesthetically displeasing and don't like to smile for photographs or laugh without covering my mouth.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time.

Kindest Regards,
Luke

Answer
I'm not an orthodontist - I provide resource information on various aspects of this field - but my reaction is that the professionals you have consulted are correct, that braces are needed to correct this problem. Do you live anywhere near a dental college? In the States, dental schools provide orthodontic treatment at a much reduced price since the students are doing the work; since it's under the supervision of professors, I'm told the results are excellent. I wish I had something else to offer. Best wishes.

Orthodontics

Pamela Waterman