Orthodontics/Palatal Expanders over expanded

Question
Hi, I need some advice/help.

I had wore a palatal expander in year 2008 where I was 18 years old then. The doctor had asked me to turn the expander once a day or turn more times if I don't feel it.

Each time if I turn one time a day, I wouldn't feel any pressure/discomfort. I only feel the pressure or discomfort if I turn 2-3 times. So everyday I had turned 2 or 3 times.
One day, I realised, one small tiny portion of my front teeth was coming out of the gum and causing a lot of pain whenever I drank something cold. I then pointed it out to my doctor during my monthly appointment.

He was then shocked because I had over expanded my mouth! So he turned it reverse about 15 or 10 at one go. So instead of having the expanders for 6 months, I had it for 3 months only.
I then proceeded to wear braces..
However, I had noticed that my face/teeth then became lop sided. I pointed this out to my dentist and he said that it'll be fixed later on.. But it was never fixed. I pointed it out to him again.. He said that it looked fine etc..
We even took a photo with the camera but he said it looked fine but it's clearly not. My face shape on the right had changed. I don't know what th eproblem is but when it's taken on the camera, you can clearly see the lopsidedness.
My doctor said that it had to do with my own lip being crooked but before I wore the expanders. It wasn't like this. My braces have been off about a year now. And I refuse to wear my retainers hoping that my face shape would go back to the past..

I was hoping to seek your advice, will it help if I wore braces again? but with another doctor this time?

Thank you so much for your time.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Answer
I'm not an orthodontist but I provide resource information on various aspects of the subject. I strongly suggest you get copies of all your records and bring them to at least two other orthodontists for a consultation. You deserve to have the best results possible, and the records will verify the changes over time and provide guidance for what else could be done. I wish you the best; when you do get the results you want, then I would say that's the time to wear your retainer, to keep the best smile over the years. Best wishes. Keep us posted on this forum if you'd like.

Orthodontics

Pamela Waterman