Orthodontics/Orthodontics

Question
I am very new to this topics esp on dentistry.
I am a girl 18 years old.
I intend to fix by teeth irregularity so that it will be in right position. Is braces the only way to make it right? is operation necessary? At my age it is too late to fix it? How long does it take to fix the problem of uneven or irregularity on my front teeth.

Answer
An orthodontist in your area should be willing to give you an evaluation at no cost, to answer your questions. I will say, though (because I am not an orthodontist - I provide resources in this field), from my experience with three teens in braces, my own braces when I was a teen, and my recent experience with adult braces, age 18 is a fine age to get braces. If your teeth, gums and jaw are in good health, you can have braces even in your 70s! Only an orthodontist can tell you the details of how your treatment should proceed, and whether you would need any jaw surgery. A simple case of braces can take 18 months - complicated ones can take four years - so you really need to be seen, have x-rays taken, and discuss the many different kinds of orthodontic treatment. It's great to have choices! Best wishes. A beautiful smile and good oral health are so worth it.

Orthodontics

Pamela Waterman