Orthodontics/Best option for fixing my crooked teeth

Question
Teeth 1
Teeth 1  

Teeth2
Teeth2  

I was wondering what the best option would be for fixing my teeth/overbite.  I realize that the pictures are kind of limited, but any insight would be helpful.  As you can see, I have a tooth on the upper right that juts out quite a bit from the rest.  There really isn't enough space for it to fit back inline either.  The same tooth on the left side also sits slightly forward.  Lastly, I have an overbite that covers my entire row of bottom teeth.

Are traditional braces the best option to correct this?  Or, will I need something more complex, such as oral surgery?

Thanks so much!

Tyler

Answer
I'm not an orthodontist but I provide resources information on various aspects of this field. Very often, your situation may be solved by having one or possibly both your upper lateral incisors removed and the rest of your teeth moved over to fill in (I had something similar done totally successfully). An overbite can often be corrected with proper orthodontic treatment, too, and not require surgery. The only way to tell for sure is to get several orthodontists to do a consultation on you and offer their advice/options. I suggest getting several opinions, as there are many options today for orthodontic treatment with traditional braces, self-ligating bracket-braces (which don't use individual elastics per bracket), behind-the-teeth (lingual) braces or aligner-type treatment (which can treat some types of cases). There are also ways to speed up treatment for adults, such as the OrthoAccel AcceleDent system. Best wishes.  

Orthodontics

Pamela Waterman