Orthodox Judaism/illness or possesion ?

Dear Mr. Avraham,

My bride and I believe in miraculous healing. And for the second time, we have prayed to send her cancer into one of our goats.  ( Jesus sent the demons into the swine. )  Two years ago, we choose our pet goat, she was our favorite. She died, some might say of old age, but we believe that the cancer had weakened her.  This time we prayed the cancer into our best goat.  Jana’s cancer is now gone !!!!!  Praise our Holy GOD !!!!!  

So here’s my question,,,,,, do you think that cancer is a regular earthly illness or demonic ?  If, demonic, I should not let that now demon infested host goat stay on my property !  What should I do with it ?  I may have to kill it, after much prayer, to get the demon off the property.

This is not a joke to me !!  Please answer with sincerity !

Thank you very much,
Steve Wilburn

Thank you for your kind question and we pray for the recovery of your wife. May her cure come quickly! Jews do not believe, in general, in demons or demonic possession. All of the Hebrew and Christian Scripture references to the like indicate man's understanding of nature at the time. The Talmud tells us to pray for a cure and seek a doctor. That is my advice to you and your wife. Blessings for health and prosperity, shalom!

Orthodox Judaism

Ovadiah ben Avraham

Willing to answer and research general Halakhah questions in any field, including medical ethics. No synagogue or ritual type questions except by non-Jews looking for a brief summary.

Yeshiva and self-study

Jewish Spiritual Humanism

Doctorate Degree