Orthodox Judaism/Hospice

If we have a patient on hospice who does not currently belong to a Jewish community in this area, is it accepted for a staff member or hospice volunteer to read the kiddish in English for the patient at the time of death?

Dear Tabitha,
I think it would depend on whether or not the patient would appreciate it. If your patient allows you to give me his/her first name only, and the name of his/her mother, I can get someone in my community to say Kaddish after s/he passes.
What a beautiful and sensitive way to respect your patient's culture and heritage.
Best of luck,

Orthodox Judaism

I can answer any questions about orthodox Judaism, especially the laws that relate to women. No question too big or small, and never be embarrassed to ask - it's the only way you'll find out!

I am an orthodox Jewish woman, but I have had my questions, and always seek answers, so I have a lot of experience in all areas. If I don't know the answer, I'll ask someone who does.

High school graduate