Orthodox Judaism/Hagar/Ishmael

Question
When Abraham had sexual relations with Hagar, was this God's plan? If not, why didn't God speak to Abraham in order to stop it?

Answer
Why don't you ask G-d?

You are making a leap.  Let us assume it was not G-d's plan, why does that mean Abraham had to be stopped?  Besides, it was Abraham's wife who gave him Hagar in order to build a family.  Sara was a prophetess, it is very likely she was told by G-d to hand over her maidservant for this purpose.

You need to be very careful before assuming any wrongdoing by people as great as Abraham.  He was a very intelligent person and completely devoted to G-d's service.  I am offended by the tone of your question suggesting that Abraham would act on his physical impulses.  Abraham was ready to give up his life for defending G-d's Honor, was thrown into a huge fire for it and saved by a miracle from G-d.  His brother was not so lucky.  Abraham gave up a life with his family, established home and his country to travel to a strange land, only because G-d asked him to.  Abraham loved G-d so much that he spent every moment trying to imitate G-d's Ways.  That is what made him the master of performing kindness, there was no one that matched Abraham in kindness.  G-d called Abraham "His friend".  Abraham knew of G-d's plan to build a nation from his offspring, a nation that will continue his legacy of serving G-d.  Do you really believe Abraham would give all this up for a woman?

Orthodox Judaism

David Rosenblum