Orthodox Judaism/Moses

G_D bless you,
    I am studying the book of Genesis.  Can you tell me how Moses received the words to write?  Was it written in the desert or given at Mt. Sinai?  How did Moses know about creation and fall and how was the book of Genesis preserved?

Hi Don,

Sorry for the rush, it is almost Sabbath.

Every letter (not just words) was told to Moses.  He wrote everything down from Genesis until Deut. as it is written in the end of Deut.  From that text it would seem Moses wrote nothing down until the end of his life.

There was no "book" of Genesis until G-d told Moses to write it.

Orthodox Judaism

David Rosenblum

I am an ex-student of yeshiva and I like to be presented with Torah study problems. If you have studied the Torah and have questions on the subject matter, I want to hear about it. I am not a Rabbi and not qualified to decide halachic issues. I am still interested in halachic questions for which I can sometimes offer general guidelines or present decisions in halachic works such as Mishna Berurah. I welcome questions from non-Jewish people but I cannot respond to religious references that are not part of Judaism. If you are working on a paper or doing research and want general information on a Jewish subject, I may or may not satisfy your need, depending on how comfortable I am with the question. If you have a personal problem, I am not qualified to help you but I will do what I can to offer you some assistance.

yeshiva student

Yeshiva student