Orthodox Judaism/Moses

Question
G_D bless you,
    I am studying the book of Genesis.  Can you tell me how Moses received the words to write?  Was it written in the desert or given at Mt. Sinai?  How did Moses know about creation and fall and how was the book of Genesis preserved?

Answer
Hi Don,

Sorry for the rush, it is almost Sabbath.

Every letter (not just words) was told to Moses.  He wrote everything down from Genesis until Deut. as it is written in the end of Deut.  From that text it would seem Moses wrote nothing down until the end of his life.

There was no "book" of Genesis until G-d told Moses to write it.

Best,
David.

Orthodox Judaism

David Rosenblum