Orthodox Judaism/"bobbing" -- swaying during prayer

Question
Shalom, Rabbi Enkin.  I saw last night Rama Burshtein's film "Fill the Void."  I found it fascinating.  In the wedding scene at the end, the bride seemed to be "bobbing" continuously--almost mechanically-- even when she was talking with well-wishers.  In fact, I wondered if it was swaying or another custom. She was dressed in such an abundant bridal gown that practically only her face and arms (and prayer book) seemed visible, which made it even harder to understand what she was doing.  Please let me know more about this.  Thank you very much.  Ana

Answer
Ana, shalom!

I am unfamiliar with this movie and what you might have seen. However, here is a link that should be of assistance to explain why Jews sway when they pray:

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/702209/jewish/Why-do-Jews-sway-whi

Hope this helps!

Rabbi Ari Enkin

Orthodox Judaism

Rabbi Ari Enkin