Orthodox Judaism/regarding sorcery

Question
What does Jewish scripture say about sorcery? Does it exist? Can a sorcerer do supernatural things? I asked earlier about Harut and Marut. Is there any mention in jewish scriptures. Please refer the below link.

Abdullah Yusuf Ali, noted translator of the Qur'an into English, asserts that the source of this story may be the Jewish Midrash:

Among the Jewish traditions in the Midrash was a story of two angels who asked Allah's permission to come down to earth but succumbed to temptation, and were hung up by their feet at Babylon for punishment. Such stories about sinning angels who were cast down to punishment were believed in by the early Christians, also (see II Peter 2:4, and Epistle of Jude, verse 6).[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harut_and_Marut

Answer
Amtry, shalom!

You are asking good questions, but I generally only answer questions on Jewish law, not on Midrash or folklore. I am not familiar with Harut, Marut, or a story of sinning angels.

The Torah explicitly forbids all forms of sorcery and divination.

Yours,

Rabbi Ari Enkin

Orthodox Judaism

Rabbi Ari Enkin