Orthodox Judaism/Esther's marriage and the wilderness tabernacle

Ok I have two unrelated questions.

1) What happened to the wilderness tabernacle that was erected by Moses?

2)If Jews are not permitted to practice interfaith marriage, why was Esther permitted to marry Artxerxes who was a Zoroastrian?

Hi Marcus,

1) Whatever was usable in the new Temple that Solomon built was used there, the rest was put in storage or buried.  The Arc for example was put in the new Temple as described in the beginning of the book of Kings.

2) Esther was considered forced into the marriage and a woman who is forced is not considered to be violating any prohibition.

Best regards,

Orthodox Judaism

David Rosenblum

I am an ex-student of yeshiva and I like to be presented with Torah study problems. If you have studied the Torah and have questions on the subject matter, I want to hear about it. I am not a Rabbi and not qualified to decide halachic issues. I am still interested in halachic questions for which I can sometimes offer general guidelines or present decisions in halachic works such as Mishna Berurah. I welcome questions from non-Jewish people but I cannot respond to religious references that are not part of Judaism. If you are working on a paper or doing research and want general information on a Jewish subject, I may or may not satisfy your need, depending on how comfortable I am with the question. If you have a personal problem, I am not qualified to help you but I will do what I can to offer you some assistance.

yeshiva student

Yeshiva student