Orthodox Judaism/The 7 Jewish Festivals

Question
I have heard a lot about the Jewish Festivals. I can't get anyone to tell me what happened at these festivals. Were there lots of feasts, singing, and booths like we see at festivals today? I'd like to know specifically what they did. I think we should have them today.

Answer
Hi Barney,

Good question!
A Jewish Festival is unlike the common festival that we see in our times.
They are actually still in practice today by observant Jews.
Basically, a festival is a happy time when we become closer to G-d through additional prayer and a Sabbath-like environment.
Yes, this also comes along with copious food and drink served at formal dinners with the family like all Jewish functions.
While modern day festivals are all out in the public, Jewish festivals are observed both in a public setting in synagogue and in the private setting at home.

Hope this helps!

Tzvi  

Orthodox Judaism

Tzvi Frank