Orthodox Judaism/Meaning of Elah in Aramaic

Hi what does Aramaic word Elah mean in the books of David and Ezra?

Thanks and hope to hear from you

Hi Alex and thank you for the question.

The word Elah is simply an Aramaic derivative of the Hebrew word Elo-him.
Which means God.
God has many Names, each steeped in kabbalistic mystery.
For those in the know, His Names are actually His attributes. A kabbalistic concept beyond the scope of this forum.

This particular name pertains to his attribute of Strength and being All Powerful.

Hope this helps.

Have a blessed day!

Orthodox Judaism

Tzvi Frank

As a scholar of Judaic Studies & Ethics for close to 25 years, I am happy to answer any of your questions regarding Jewish Law and its meaning as well as general Jewish philosophy. Thousands of years of Jewish religious scholarship teaches us to always ask questions. From the Talmud to this very day, scholars have been consistently questioning premises and concepts that exist in Jewish thought. Never be afraid to ask! The answer may change your life. I will not answer questions pertaining to Christianity or Jesus.

I have been a scholar of Jewish Studies & Ethics for close to 25 years and I have been responding to online questions for close to 10 years.

Have been published in numerous (Hebrew) Academic publications.

B.A. in Judaica Studies and Ethics.