Orthodox Judaism/Woman selling real estate

Hi Sheva-
I am a single, professional, non-Jewish female (50's) preparing to sell my home.  I've been approached by my Russian Orthodox neighbors about buying it.  How do I balance my status as a woman with the fact that I'm the person negotiating the business deal? Should I shake the husband's hand? Thanks, Rachel

If the couple are Jewish Orthodox then it would be appropriate to shake the woman's hand instead. Not shaking the husband's hand only shows respect for his beliefs, and does not change your status as the one negotiating the sale.
Good luck with the sale!

Orthodox Judaism

I can answer any questions about orthodox Judaism, especially the laws that relate to women. No question too big or small, and never be embarrassed to ask - it's the only way you'll find out!

I am an orthodox Jewish woman, but I have had my questions, and always seek answers, so I have a lot of experience in all areas. If I don't know the answer, I'll ask someone who does.

High school graduate