Orthodox Judaism/Woman selling real estate

Question
Hi Sheva-
I am a single, professional, non-Jewish female (50's) preparing to sell my home.  I've been approached by my Russian Orthodox neighbors about buying it.  How do I balance my status as a woman with the fact that I'm the person negotiating the business deal? Should I shake the husband's hand? Thanks, Rachel

Answer
If the couple are Jewish Orthodox then it would be appropriate to shake the woman's hand instead. Not shaking the husband's hand only shows respect for his beliefs, and does not change your status as the one negotiating the sale.
Good luck with the sale!
Sheva

Orthodox Judaism

Sheva