Orthodox Judaism/Death

Question
Do we have an appointed time of death according to scriptures? Meaning basically is our death and number of days on earth predetermined?

Answer
Hi Danne,

Thanks for the question.
I do not know if in scripture per se there is a clear statement in this regard.
However this concept certainly exists in Jewish thought. Primarily in kabbalistic sources.
That a person has a specific number of preordained days in his life.
That said, the power of prayer is such that it can extend a person's preordained life. And vice versa, the power of sin is such that it can also shorten it.
The most important thing to focus on is that it is not the length of the days that matter but rather the depth and meaning that we infuse in them.

Take care.

TF

Orthodox Judaism

Tzvi Frank