Orthodox Judaism/Psalm 16

Question
Does it state that King David wrote of a future Messiah who would die and come back to life?

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Jennifer
I've just opened Psalm 16 in a number of translations and I am struggling to find anything that refers to any future messiah in this psalm. Here's King James' version, judge for yourself:

Psalm 16King James Version (KJV)
16 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

2 O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee;

3 But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.

5 The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

7 I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

8 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

If you see in any of these verses a reference of a future messiah, please send ma a follow-up question and I will be happy to address in detail.

Best,
Eli

Orthodox Judaism

Eli Hadar