Orthodox Judaism/Regarding messiah

I would like to know whether Jews still expect Messiah ( messenger)  to come or was Moses the last prophet in Judaism. Why Jews did not accept Jesus or Muhammad as Messiah. What were the qualities that were missing from them.

Hi Amtry

Yes, the Jewish people look forward to the coming of the Messiah. We believe that he has not yet come, but that his arrival is imminent.

The one quality that has been missing from all previous Messiah candidates is that he must bring complete world peace. Sadly, as we know, this has not yet happened.

Kind regards,

Rabbi Shishler

Orthodox Judaism

Rabbi Ari Shishler

I am a rabbi who loves teaching, through writing and speaking. In 1999, my wife and I started our own Chabad House and it's grown exponentially. I'm also the learning director at Chabad House of Johannesburg, a high school teacher and the father of young children. As you can imagine, I get to answer lots of questions every day. I'd be glad to answer your questions on Judaism, Jewish spirituality and practice.

I have been a practicing Orthodox rabbi since 1997 and have headed my own community since 1999. I teach Talmud at a religious high school in Johannesburg and give daily lectures to adults on Jewish practice, spiritualty, Chassidic philosophy and Kabbalah. I'm the campus rabbi at our two major universities in Johannesburg.

Chabad-Lubavitch South African Rabbinical Association.

Monthly column in Jewish Life magazine, South Africa. Jewish Tradition, South Africa. Jewish Report, South Africa. South African Union of Jewish Students annual Holiday guide. Jewish Observer, South Africa. Nshei Chabad Newsletter, NY. Jewish Online Magazine. www.chabad.org

After completing high scool, I spent six years studying in Rabbinical seminaries in South Africa, Israel and New York.

www.chabad.org www.askmoses.com ChaiFM (www.chaifm.com) Jewish Life magazine