Orthodox Judaism/Old testament canonization

If Torah consists of only 5 books, how Jews began to accept other books as divine. What is the total number of books accepted as God's word by Jews? How did the canonization of the Old Testament happen and how could we know that some inspired books are not excluded.

Hi. The five Books of Moses were canonized immediately upon their reception at Har Sinai. The additional 24 Books of the Prophets were written over a large period of time by the recognized prophets of their time. Their canonization were finalized at the end of the second temple era.
Hope this answers your questions.

Take care.

Orthodox Judaism

Tzvi Frank

As a scholar of Judaic Studies & Ethics for close to 25 years, I am happy to answer any of your questions regarding Jewish Law and its meaning as well as general Jewish philosophy. Thousands of years of Jewish religious scholarship teaches us to always ask questions. From the Talmud to this very day, scholars have been consistently questioning premises and concepts that exist in Jewish thought. Never be afraid to ask! The answer may change your life. I will not answer questions pertaining to Christianity or Jesus.

I have been a scholar of Jewish Studies & Ethics for close to 25 years and I have been responding to online questions for close to 10 years.

Have been published in numerous (Hebrew) Academic publications.

B.A. in Judaica Studies and Ethics.