Orthopedics/broken screws in hip repair

Diane wrote at 2014-09-30 05:49:56
I had a fracture in my hip in May of 2009, and the orthopedic doctor on call  in the ER repaired it with 3 screws the next morning. By November of 2009 the longest one of the 3 broke completely in half. So lucky me had a complete hip replacement in December 2009. I was 44 at the time and the pain was so awful I didn't think I would make it.  I did nothing to damage the screws, and think they were defective myself. I could understand if I had ran or fallen or hit the hip, but I was barley able to walk. Long story but I don't think they are done with my hip as of yet.

Sharon Davis

I can answer questions on physical therapy after hip replacements; The problem of depression after this surgery; How to find a good surgeon; What questions to ask when interviewing a surgeon; What to expect after surgery; How hip surgery affects a younger person; What you can expect insofar as healing; Pregnancy issues, and all general questions on recuperation.

I had my first set of bi-lateral hips put in at the age of 16. I am now 50. I have had to have my legs virtually reconstructed each time I have had the surgery. I know first hand how this surgery can affect all facets of homelife, career, child bearing, and physical appearance.

BA English 1981 Wagner College, Staten Island, NY
BA Education 1983 CUNY, Staten Island, NY
MA Special Education 1984 CUNY, Staten Island, NY