Orthopedics/Hip revision

Hip revision
Hip revision  
   I am 49 female, who had a hip revision of the stem. Surgery was done 6 weeks ago. I have a question as o how fast does you femur heal? Of course I am no weight bearing for 8 weeks then we get X-rays. I have not had much pain but today I have had a lot of aching to the thigh. I was hoping you could tell on average how fast do they heal? I have an appt at the end of the month and I do not want to get my hopes up that I might be able to start doing things. Thanks you for your time:)

It really depends on many factors that your surgeon would best be able to answer..ie subsequent examinations,weight,build,smoking hx,bone density,diabetes,how athletic/active you were before etc..generally it will be to your tolerance.. patients gradually improve 3-6 mos range  

Joe A Shaw PA-C

Most general questions that have to do with orthopedic and /or occupational medicine or ergonomics. With a focus on upper extremity disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome. After many years of treating and diagnosing carpal tunnel syndrome I have developed a detailed website about carpal tunnel syndrome at

I have been a board certified Physician Assistant for 17 years, in the fields of occupational and orthopedic medicine.

American Academy of Physician Assistants, State Academy of Physician Assistants.

Physician Assistant degree from the University of Florida College of Medicine PA program. Bachelor of Health and Science degree. Board Certified Physician Assistant, Ergonomic certification, University of Michigan ergonomics certification. Associate Science degree in Emergency Medical Technology. Former Paramedic, EMT and Firefighter.

Current certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life support, and Basic life support, and CPR certification. University of Michigan Ergonomic training and certification.