Orthopedics/Hip revision

Question
Hip revision
Hip revision  
Hello,
   I am 49 female, who had a hip revision of the stem. Surgery was done 6 weeks ago. I have a question as o how fast does you femur heal? Of course I am no weight bearing for 8 weeks then we get X-rays. I have not had much pain but today I have had a lot of aching to the thigh. I was hoping you could tell on average how fast do they heal? I have an appt at the end of the month and I do not want to get my hopes up that I might be able to start doing things. Thanks you for your time:)

Answer
It really depends on many factors that your surgeon would best be able to answer..ie subsequent examinations,weight,build,smoking hx,bone density,diabetes,how athletic/active you were before etc..generally it will be to your tolerance.. patients gradually improve 3-6 mos range  

Orthopedics

Joe A Shaw PA-C